To request an online consultation, visit http://web.nmsu.edu/~consult/machform/view.php?id=14.
The Online Writing Center (TOWC) is an outreach service that provides free writing feedback for students enrolled on the main campus at New Mexico State University (NMSU). The Center welcomes students from all departments and from all undergraduate and graduate programs.
Submitting a request for an online consultation
On a limited basis during the academic year, students can request an appointment for online consultation at any phase of the writing process, including idea generation, the drafting stage, and the final revision. In order to submit a request, students must do the following:
- Fill out an online “Request Appointment Form” available by clicking here.
- Make sure you receive an automatic confirmation in the Web browser.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your email contacts.
- Check your preferred email for a response message from email@example.com.
Students are welcome to request one online consultation session per week during the academic year.
Obtaining feedback from an online consultation
Students should allow a minimum of 3 to 4 business days (not including weekends and holidays) for a response, and we ask that you plan your writing and request accordingly. Students will receive an email attachment that includes collaborative writing and idea input, inserted text comments and questions, feedback, comments, and suggestions for revision.
Again, we ask that students add firstname.lastname@example.org to your preferred email account so all correspondence is received promptly. Students may also send questions, concerns, and inquiries to email@example.com.
What to expect from your consultation
- Convenient but limited availability. The Online Writing Center is convenient because you do not have to be on campus to receive help. The Online Writing Center team is significantly smaller than the face-to-face tutoring team, though, so they can only accommodate online submissions on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Different forms, same quality. A face-to-face Writing Center appointment allows the Writing Center consultant to provide immediate oral feedback. The Online Writing Center, on the other hand, relies solely on written feedback. But both spaces, however, work toward the same goal: helping you with your writing.
We all learn a great deal from the various topics and subjects each of you brings to the Writing Center, which is one of the most rewarding aspects about being a consultant. We look forward to working with you and learning about all of the interesting work you are doing at NMSU.